Golestan Palace Exterior Iran

Golestan Palace Exterior Iran – This article needs more references for verification. Help improve this article by adding references to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be questioned and removed. Source: “Golestan Palace” – News · Newspaper · Books · Scholars · JSTOR (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this sample notification)

It was built in the 16th century, renovated in the 18th century and finally rebuilt in 1865. It is the former official Qajar royal complex in Tehran.

Golestan Palace Exterior Iran

The Golestan Palace belongs to a group of royal buildings that were once enclosed within the walls of Tehran’s Dalil (“Maqam”). It includes gardens, royal buildings and a collection of Iranian and European crafts from the 18th and 19th centuries.

File:visitors At Golestan Palace, Iran.jpg

The Tehran Arada (“Fortress”) was built during the reign of Tahmasp I (r. 1524-1576) of the Safavid dynasty (1502-1736), and later renovated by Karim Khan (r. 1750-1779) of the Zand dynasty. become ). Agha Mohammad Khan (1742-1797) of the Qajar dynasty chose Tehran as his capital. The argument became the seat of the Qajar dynasty (1794-1925). The Golestan court and palace became the official residence of the Qajar family. The palace was rebuilt in its present form in 1865 by Haji Abul Hassan Mimar Nawi.

During the Pahlavi period (1925–1979), the Golestan Palace was used for official royal receptions, and the Pahlavi family built their own palace (the Niavaran Complex) in Nivaran. During the Pahlavi period, the most important ceremony in the palace was the coronation of Raza Shah (1925-1941).

The marble throne and coronation of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (1941-1979) in the museum hall.

Between 1925 and 1945, most of the buildings in the complex were demolished on the orders of Reza Shah. He believes that the ancient Qajar Palace should not prevent the development of a modern city. In place of the old buildings, modern commercial buildings from the 1950s and 1960s were built.

Beautiful View Of The Golestan Palace And Scenic Pond With Emerald Water In Tehran, Iran. The Golestan Palace Is A Popular Tourist Attraction Of The Middle East. Traditional Persian Exterior. Stock Photo,

The Golestan Palace complex consists of 17 structures that include palaces, museums and halls. Almost the entire complex was built during the 131-year reign of the Qajar kings.

This palace is used for many events like coronation and other important celebrations. It also includes three main repositories, including the Image Archive, the Manuscript Library, and the Document Archive.

This magnificent roof, called the Marble Throne, was built in 1806 by order of Fath Ali Shah of the Qajar dynasty (1797-1834). Decorated with paintings, marble, brick, stucco, glass, enamel, wood carvings and lattice windows, the throne represents the best of Iranian architecture. The Marble Throne is one of the oldest buildings in the historical complex. It is located in the middle of the roof (iwan) and is made of the famous yellow marble of Yazd province.

The throne is made of sixty pieces of marble and designed by Mirza Baba Naqshbashi (“Chief Painter”) of the Qajar court. Muhammad Ibrahim, the Royal Freemasonry supervised the construction and several famous masters of the time worked on this masterpiece. The architectural details and other ceiling decorations were completed during the reigns of Fath Ali Shah and Nasir al-Din Shah (r. 1848-1896).

Unesco World Heritage Sites In Iran Part1

On this terrace, the crowning of Qajar kings and formal court ceremonies are held. The last coronation to take place on the marble throne was Raza Shah of the Pahlavi dynasty in 1925.

This building was a part of the residence of Karim Khan of the Zand family since 1759. The basic structure of the principal Karimkhani is similar to a marble throne. Like the last one, it’s a roof. Inside the ceiling is a small marble slab. This structure is much smaller than the marble slab and much less decorative. Formerly there was a small lake in the middle of this terrace with a fountain. An underground canal (the King’s Qanat) carries water from the river to the lake and is then used to irrigate the palace grounds.

Nasir al-Din Shah of the Qajar dynasty enjoyed this corner of Golestan Palace. It is said that he spent a lot of time here resting and relaxing, smoking in contemplative silence. In fact, some believe that it was Nasir al-Din who named the structure Khulut (Dand). It may seem unusual, but the precious tomb of Nasiruddin Shah has finally reached a quiet corner of the palace after being lost for some time. The marble, carved with the portrait of Nasiruddin Shah, is truly worth a visit.

The pool house was used as a summer house during the Qajar period. A special cooling system pumps water from an underground spring system into small pools inside the rooms. The system is designed to move to multiple summer rooms if needed. Water was sent outside to irrigate the royal guards. Due to moisture damage, this system is no longer in use.

Iran Tourism Attraction

The magnificent hall is so named because it is decorated with magnificent pictorial work by Iranian artists. This hall was built on the orders of Nasiruddin Shah to replace another hall called Talar Bolwar (“Crystal Hall”). Built on the orders of Fateh Ali Shah, the Crystal Hall was destroyed by damp. The bright hall is famous for its pictures and chandeliers. An oil painting by Yahya Khan (Thani-ul-Mulk Ghafari), depicting the decoration of this hall before the romance of Muzaffaruddin Shah (d. 1896-1907), is available in Gulistan Palace.

An Iranian brick is displayed in the Ethnographic Gallery of the Horsham Museum in Horsham, England. Tel, according to Dr. Mehdi Tudjat (Former Deputy Minister of Culture and Higher Education of Iran) from Golestan Palace. It comes from Brilliant Hall and was probably discarded (or possibly restored) from the restoration of the palace between 1867-1892 and Mrs. Alling, who kindly donated it to the museum. The plate was placed in plaster, and unfortunately, not all the glass decorations survived.

This building has replaced the Narjastan building on the north side of the Ivory Hall (Talar and Adj). All the vessels that European kings dedicated to the Qajar kings were brought to this room and displayed in display cases made for this purpose.

The Ivory Hall is a large hall used as a dining room. It is decorated with a number of gifts given to Nasir al-Din Shah by European kings.

Golestan Palace Comprehensive Guide

In the Golestan Palace Collection, a watercolor painting by Mahmud Khan Saba (Malik Osh Shura) showing the exterior of the palace during the Qajar period.

The Hall of Mirrors is the most famous hall in Golestan Palace. This relatively small salon is known for its exceptional photo work. The hall was designed by Haji Abd al-Hussein Yad Bashi (Thani al-Mulk). Yahya Khan (Mutam Mulk), who was once the Minister of Architecture, was the designer’s advisor.

Salam Hall (“Reception”) was originally designed as a museum. After the Throne of the Sun (Takht and Khurshid) was transferred to the Museum of Royal Jewelry in Katral Bank, Iran, this hall was designed to host special guests in the presence of the King, hence the Hall of Salam. The name was given.

This hall has a great work of photography. The ceilings and walls are decorated with plaster moldings and the floors are covered with mosaics.

Classic Iran November Tour

During the reign of Nasir al-Din Shah, this hall was used to display Iranian and European paintings and gifts to the Iranian court. Royal jewels are also displayed in glass cases. This gem is now kept in the Royal Jade Museum of Katral Bank of Iran.

The Diamond Hall is located on the south side of the Golestan Palace, next to the Wind Catchers Building. It is called Talar Almas (“Diamond Room”) because of the special mirror that works inside the building.

The construction of this palace was done during the time of Fath Ali Shah. Nasir al-Din Shah changed the appearance of this hall and replaced the pointed domes of the hall with Roman-style arches. He also has walls plastered with wallpaper imported from Europe. Since the basic structure dates back to the time of Fath Ali Shah, this hall is dedicated to the display of arts and crafts from that time.

The Wind Catcher building was built during the reign of Fath Ali Shah. The building underwent major changes during the reign of Nasiruddin Shah, including structural changes.

The Exterior Of Golestan Palace, 19th Century. Unesco World Heritage Site Stock Photo

It is surrounded by two rooms called Goshur (“corner-like”). Golestan Palace has a vaulted room with exquisite stained glass. Outside, four wind towers are roofed with blue, yellow and black tiles and a gold dome.

The idea of ​​building a tall structure came from Nasiruddin Shah, who wanted a flat structure

Golestan national park iran, golestan province iran, golestan palace tehran, iran golestan, iran palace, shah of iran palace, golestan palace

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments