Golestan Palace Tehran Iran

Golestan Palace Tehran Iran – Golestan Palace Museum is a must visit in Tehran and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Ark Square. Tehran, Iran.

The Golestan complex is a must-see in Tehran, and the art used to build the palace, including tiles, mirror, brick, wood and stone, and its gardens are sure to delight both the eye and the mind. The Arg was built during the reign of Tahmasb I (r. 1524–1576) of the Safavid dynasty (1502–1736) and was later renovated by Karim Khan Zand (r. 1750–1779). Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar (1742–1797) chose Tehran as his capital. Argh became the seat of the Qajar (1794–1925). The Golestan court and palace became the official residence of the royal family. The oldest historical monument in Tehran, Golestan Palace (Palace of Flowers) belongs to a group of royal buildings that were once enclosed within the earthen walls of Tehran’s historic arg (fortress). Gulistan Palace was used for ceremonial royal receptions during the Pahlavi era (1925–1979). The most important ceremonies held in the palace during the Pahlavi era were the coronation of Reza Khan (r. 1925–1941) in the Takht-e Marmar and the coronation of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (r. 1941 – dissolved 1979) in the museum. hall. In its current state, Golestan Palace is the result of nearly 400 years of construction and renovation. Each building on the contemporary site has a unique history.

Golestan Palace Tehran Iran

Golestan Palace Museum is located on Ark Square. Tehran, Iran. Taxis are easily accessible by public transport such as bus or metro when in Tehran. The underground station for the Golestan Palace Museum is called Panjdah Khordad.

Tehran Travel: Two Day Itinerary + Top 10 Things To Do In Tehran

This is the most amazing structure of Golestan Palace. The idea of ​​building tall buildings came to Nasir-ul-Din Shah from earlier Europeans and pictorial drawings of European buildings before him. The emperor wanted a building from which he could have a good view of the city. Designed by Moaer-ol-Mamalek, construction at Shams-ol-Emareh began in 1865 and was completed two years later. The architect is Master Ali Mohammad Kashi. The building has two identical towers. The exterior has multiple arches, intricate tile work and ornate windows. The building is a mixture of Persian and European architecture.

This is the most famous palace hall. This relatively small hall is known for its exquisite mirror work. The hall was designed by Haji Abdul Hussain Memar Bashi (Saini-ol-Molk). The Minister of Architecture Yahya Khan Moatem-ol-Molk acted as a design consultant. The Ottoman king, Sultan Abdulhamid, sent expensive gifts to Nasir-ol-Din Shah. Allegedly, the gift is very abundant and enough to fill a palace. The Qajar emperor was pleased with this gift. He decided to build a suitable exhibition hall for these gifts within the Golestan Palace. It is believed that Nasir-ol-Din Shah himself designed the building with a central hall to house the carpets sent by Sultan Abdulhamid.

Completed in 1883, the Abiaz (White) Palace is now one of the most interesting ethnographic museums in Iran. There is a colorful exhibition of traditional Iranian costumes as well as a folk art exhibition.

It was built during the reign of Fath Ali Shah (circa 1806). The building underwent extensive renovations, including structural changes during the reign of Nasir-ul-Din Shah. A watercolor by Mahmud Khan Malek-ol-Shoara showing the original structure before restoration. The building is surrounded by two rooms known as goshavaris (earrings). There is a central hall that has the best stained glass windows in Gulistan Palace. Outside there are four windmills of blue, yellow and black glass tiles and golden domes. Wind towers are built to allow cool air to move through the structure.

Golestan Palace In Tehran, Iran

It is so called because it is decorated with exquisite mirrors by Iranian craftsmen. This hall was built by Nasir-ul-Din Shah to replace another hall called Talar Bolaur (Crystal Hall). Balai Bolur built by Fath Ali Shah is damaged due to dampness. The Berelion Hall is famous for its mirror work and chandeliers. An oil painting by Yahya Khan Sani-ol-Molk Ghafari shows the decoration of this hall before the renovation undertaken by Mozafar-ol-Din Shah (r. 1896-1907). It is located in Golestan Palace.

This building replaces the Narenestan building north of the Adj or Kaneh Sofre Hall. All the Chinese ceramics dedicated to the Qajar kings by the Europeans were brought into this room and arranged in display cases made for the purpose.

All the china in this room is rare and beautiful. The most prominent of them are:

This is a large hall that is used as a dining room. It is decorated with gifts given to Nasir-ol-Din Shah by European kings. A watercolor by Mahmud Khan Malek-ol-Shoara, in the Golestan Palace Collection, depicts an exterior view of this hall during the Qajar period.

Golestan Palace, Tehran, Iran Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 81981899

It is located in the southern part of the Golestan Palace, next to the Badgir building. It is called the Hall of Diamonds because of the amazing glass work in the building. The construction of this hall dates back to the time of Fath Ali Shah (around 1806). Nasir-ol-Din Shah rebuilt this hall and changed its appearance and replaced the ogival arches of the hall with Roman ones. He also ordered wall coverings with wallpaper imported from Europe. Since the original structure is from the time of Fath Ali Shah, that is it. It is enough that this hall is dedicated to an exhibition of arts and crafts of that time.

Located between Badgir and Almas Hall, Chador Kaneh (Tent House) was used as a royal tent storehouse. The Qajar loved to travel outdoors and made several royal camping trips each year. This visit was a lavish affair with many servants and maids and all royal necessities. Several tents are needed to accommodate the group. Therefore, it is necessary to have a tent house. Chador Cane has undergone major restoration and is now used as a meeting and lecture hall.

Aks Kaneh (Photo House) is a large summer hall below Badgir. Like the Hauz Khaneh, this room is cooled by a cooling system that pumps water from an underground stream (qanat) into a small pool. Due to the harmful effects of humidity, this system is no longer used. This room has been extensively renovated and is now used as an exhibition hall of photographs from the Qajar period. Nasir-ul-Din Shah became interested in photography soon after the invention of the camera. In fact, he is an avid photographer. Aks Kaneh holds some photographs taken by Nasir-ul-Din Shah and some taken by him

The magnificent terrace known as the Takht-i-Marmar (Marble Throne) was built in 1806 on the orders of Fath Ali Shah Qajar (r. 1797–1834). decorated with paintings, carved marble, tiles, stucco, mirrors, enamels, carved wood and latticed windows; The throne is the best symbol of Iranian architecture. The Marble Throne is one of the oldest buildings in the historic Arg. The existing throne, located in the middle of the terrace (ivan), is made of the famous yellow marble from Yazd province.

Golestan Palace In Tehran City, Iran Stock Photo

The throne is made of sixty-five pieces of marble and designed by Mirza Baba Nagash Bashi (chief painter) of the Qajar court. Mohammed Ibrahim, the Royal Mason, supervised its construction and many famous masters of the time worked on the implementation of this masterpiece. The architectural details of the ceiling (iwan) and other decorations were completed during the reigns of Fath Ali Shah and Nasir-ol-Din Shah (r. 1848–1896).

Coronations of Qajar kings and official court ceremonies were held on this terrace (iwan). The last coronation held at the Takht-e-Marmar was that of the self-styled king, Reza Khan Pahlavi, in 1925.

Works by European painters represented at the Qajar court are kept in Hauz Khaneh. Hauz Khaneh was used as a summer room during Qajar Khan’s time. A separate cooling system pumps water, in this case a qanat raja – into a small pool inside the chamber that creates an underground drainage system (qanat). Hauz means a pond, hence the name Hauz Kaneh. This system is designed to pass as many summer rooms as needed. Then water was extracted to irrigate the royal gardens. Due to the harmful effects of humidity, this system is no longer used.

Built as a residence for Queen Elizabeth II during her brief visit to Iran in 1955, Imarat-e-Kabgah (Siesta House) is the latest addition to Gulistan Palace. The building was named the Royal Library of Qajar Manuscripts and Photographs. The Royal Manuscript Library is currently housed in a temporary location pending its eventual relocation to its permanent home in Habgah. The library’s collection includes some of Iran’s most prized pictorial works, such as Moraga-i Golshan, Shahnameh Baisongori.

Golestan Palace (tehran)

Dating back to 1759, this building is part of the inner residence of Karim Khan Zand. The basic structure of Kalwat-e-Karim Khani is the same

Flight to iran tehran, golestan hotel tehran price, iran golestan, ticket to iran tehran, golestan province iran, golestan palace tehran, espinas palace hotel tehran iran, golestan tehran, tickets to tehran iran, golestan palace, hotel tehran iran, golestan hotel tehran

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments